Sunday, September 16, 2007

Von Krahl Theatre Bar (Tallinn, Estonia)


Estonia - Tallinn - 74, originally uploaded by jonoliver.

I can't lie, I liked this venue a lot better than any venue I've been to in NYC in a long time. Cozy, multi-level, good loud sound. I'm sure there are "better" places in NYC but not ones that hire DJs that play music I like and don't have a door policy that discourages going.

This shot is people dancing to "If You Really Love Me" by Stevie Wonder at the end of Ben's DJ set. The crowd was pretty young (you only have to be 18 to drink etc. in Estonia) but they were pretty open to good music all over the map. The residents even ended the night with a drum & bass set which received a beyond-enthusiastic reception.

More Estonia photos here.

This is a photo from my DJ set:


Estonia - Tallinn - 41, originally uploaded by jonoliver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home